Monday, March 30, 2009

How Ironic

Funny story...
I just bought a food processor (Yes I know, I must've been living under a rock for the past 18 years to have just bought something so great) and there were repeated warnings about the blades all over the box, the flap of the box, the manual on how to set it up and the manual on how to use it. I ignored all of them and I said to myself "C'mon it's just a food processor. What, do they think I'm stupid? I'm not gunna cut myself on the blades."

At the same time I was remembering how my mother always nags over and over again to be careful when I'm cleaning a blender, and a lot of other times when I'm cleaning knives. At the same time I was rolling my eyes at the thought of her repeating these things to me. Because what, does she think I'm stupid? I'm not gunna cut myself.

So after I'm done using it, I go on to washing the dishes along with the parts of the food processor that were exposed to the food, which included the blades. The ironic part is coming up.

I wash the knives and blades... with no trouble. I mean what, do you think I'm stupid? I'm not gunna cut myself.

Okay here's the ironic part: I cut myself -- my thumb -- on a round plastic container.

Yea. Round and plastic.

How did it happen? Well, it was one of those cheap, cylinder, quart-sized plastic containers. There's a little plastic sticking out at the center of the bottom of the container. Oil is always a pain to get out of plastic, so I was washing it pretty forcefully :(

My thumb was bleeding but at least I got a kick out of the irony :)

1 comment:

  1. Definitely ironic, there's a twist in the story you mislead the audience and make them think that you were going to cut yourself with the food proccessor blades.

    ReplyDelete